Triple Chocolate Cookies
I decided to add this Chocolate Cookies recipe to my baking repertoire. I have to say that I can't really follow a recipe until the end, so I had to give my own twist to this existing recipe here.
- 200gr of salted butter softened
- 100gr of brown sugar
- 200gr of caster sugar
- 1 cold egg
- 75gr of cocoa powder
- 275gr of self-raising flour
- 2tbsp of instant coffee
- 1 bar of lindt excellence intense orange dark chocolate
- 1 bar of 74% plain dark chocolate
- shredded almonds for decoration
- Preheat oven to 200º C
- Combine flour and chocolate powder in a bowl. Whisk well; then set aside
- In a bowl cream the softened butter and the 2 types of sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy
- Add the cold egg to the previous mixture and whisk
- Sift the dry ingredients and mix until just combined
- Add the 2tbsp of instant coffee (it boots the chocolate flavor)
- Throw in the chocolate bars broken down into squares
- Line two trays with baking paper
- Scoop the mixture into 12 hand-full size balls, placing them far apart on the tray
- Add the shredded almonds on top
- Pop in the preheated oven for 10 minutes ONLY
- Leave them to cool for around 30 minutes and enjoy!
The final Result...
These are without a doubt my new favorite desert!