Monday 6 May 2013

Looking on the Bright Side


Last Sunday, 5th of May, I was spoiled again! I got the chance to go and enjoy the "Light Show" exhibition for free at the Hayward Gallery, Southbank Centre.
I have to be honest here and say that I didn't really know what to expect from it. Although I am a firm believer that art may come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, interpreting light seemed quite odd.







Bringing together sculptures and installations that use artificial light in order to transform space and to influence and alter perception, this exhibition aims to be more than just visional. In fact, according to the artists vision is the least reliable of our senses. What we really see or think we see is not always how things are, right?





After all, I have to say that so much light together made me think twice about the role of artificial light nowadays. Some may take it for granted, while others barely have access to it.
However, when it comes to appreciate light as a form of art and really take some kind of interpretation and meaning from it, lets just say that I will be looking on the bright side of it!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...